Couponing Mama

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Couponing Mama
Couponing Mama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do I start....

Go down

Where do I start.... Empty Where do I start....

Post  Admin Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:21 am

First off, you will not be able to coupon if you don't gather coupons and get them organized. I can remember when I started out I carried a small accordion folder around the store with me and I have memories(not good ones) of standing in an aisle searching through my coupons because I just knew I had one for Hamburger helper. I would walk a little further down the aisle and realize I need sugar so I would stop and search through all my coupons again. It was VERY time consuming and something I do not miss.

Everyone will give you a different way of organizing but here is what works for me...

I use a binder(two actually) but starting off I suggest a 2-inch 3 ring binder. This will last you a while! My favorite are the zip up binders that have a handle on them.

You can also purchase bags made to fit a regular three ring binder to make it easier to carry around.

To begin your binder, here is what you will need:
One 3-ring binder
Baseball card sheets(at least a pack of 30)-These can be found at Wal-Mart, PX and target to name a few. You do not want to pay more than $5 for 30 of them.
3 Pencil Cases
Index dividers
Clear Protective sheets
COUPONS!
Store Policies

I suggest breaking the categories down in the following order:
Produce & Refrigerated Meats
Medicines
Hair Items(Includes Shampoo,conditioners and hair colors)
Soaps
Toothpastes(Starting out you could keep the Soaps and Toothpastes together)
Personal(includes Feminine products)
Canned
Boxed
Frozen
Condiments
Beverages
Snacks
Candy
Pets
Children
Vitamins
Household Cleaners
Paper Supplies(I include my batteries in this section as well)
Smelly Stuff(I couldn't come up with a better name for this category)
Toys
Rest. & Store coupons
Deodorants
Baking Items
Dairy Aisle
Rewards

First off, I have my coupon policies in the very front of my binder, then I have the tab "rewards" to keep all of my pharmacy rewards and catalina money off coupons filed so I do not lose them because I have been known to put them in my pocketbook and forget about them!

Then, I start with the categories! I suggest putting them in order of how your favorite store is set up. The more you shop, the more you will realize what works best for you.

I use the pencil cases in the back of the binder-one holds scissors, pen,note paper and calculator, another holds my coupons I find while I shop and the third is what I put my coupons in as I shop.

If I have multiples of the same coupons with different expiration dates, I put them in different pockets so I don't get mixed up.

Your binder should now be complete!

Next topic, I will discuss the filing method and the few ways you can actually file your inserts!

Admin
Admin

https://couponingmama.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum